Happiness is not just a beautiful word. It has a great meaning cherished by all people. It is an inner feeling that brings peace of mind to people and gives them a clean conscience and a happy heart. Happiness at work is an essential part of a successful work environment. It invigorates the employees and helps them go to work with an optimistic spirit that brings benefits both to the employees and the employer and increases the productivity.
This can only be achieved by spreading love, tolerance, and unity among the staff members to work as a one team. That's why the management has a greater responsibility to bring happiness to employees.
This is not only about money as happiness can be also achieved in many other ways, including:
• Having handshakes with employees, smiling to them and treating them well as a manager's visit to an employee at his/her office to praise his/ her work performance brings happiness to the employee.
• Spreading warmth, tolerance and teamwork and prevents disunity.
• Providing support to and increasing knowledge of employees; this makes them feel comfortable and happy.
• Holding open meetings with employees; this promotes cohesion and love and prevents disunity.
• Giving encouraging and motivational awards to employees; this makes them feel valued and successful at work.
• Avoiding permanent upset and discrimination in dealing with employees.
Happiness is needed in all aspects of life; at home, at work, on streets or with others. Life is not always easy as we want; it sometimes easy and sometimes difficult. Sometimes you are healthy and sometimes you are sick; sometimes you are rich and sometimes you are poor. In order to find the true happiness, we must always have faith, satisfaction, patience, strong will, good morals, forgiveness and tolerance. Everything you give to others will leave you with a lower stock of this thing. But this is not the case with happiness. Making others happy will never take from your happiness. Instead, you will be more than happy.
The UAE's visionary leadership has realized the value of happiness and its impact on individuals and the whole society. So, it has created a ministry whose mandate is to bring happiness to the nationals and expatriates in the UAE. The UAE people came among the happiest people across the world.
Hence, the Finance Department exerts the utmost effort to make its employees and clients happy and is keen to share with all celebration on the International Day of Happiness by holding a variety of open meetings with employees and honoring them for their achievements to make them happy. Finally, I would like to tell you all that happiness is not naturally occurring; rather it is something you create. Be satisfied with what you have and do not let anyone steal your happiness. Live optimistic and satisfied and you will be the happiest person ever.
Wish you all happy life and lasting success
Ali Mustafa Mohammed,
Director of Fujairah Finance Department